The mission of the Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) at Myrtle Grove Christian School is to promote Christian fellowship within the school community and to support the staff through prayer, encouragement, and financial assistance by providing for classroom and facility purchases. PTF strategically uses members’ time and gifts to improve programs, facilities, and the atmosphere within MGCS.
How do we raise funds?
Our biggest fundraiser of the year is Charleston Wrap. We also host several restaurant nights, encourage MGCS families and friends to link grocery rewards, clip Box Tops, and purchase gently used uniform clothing from the PTF Clothes Closet.
How do we invest funds and utilize volunteers?
- In the Fall, every Teacher and Teacher Assistant receives a gift card to help purchase classroom supplies.
- Each staff member receives a special birthday blessing.
- Every quarter, each staff member receives a gift of gratitude.
- Each Fall and Spring, the PTF caters a staff lunch.
- The PTF hosts Teacher Appreciation Week in February.
- Each Staff member has the opportunity to request PTF Funds for additional classroom needs.
- The PTF supports the MGCS staff throughout the year with encouraging notes.
How can you get involved?
PTF membership is free and open to all teachers, school staff, parents, guardians, and family members who wish to promote the goals and mission of the PTF. We welcome volunteers and members! Please contact Meghan Dzurik, 2020-21 PTF President, at MGCSPTF@gmail.com for more information on how to get connected.